It was a crazy weekend this past few days and we had the Dave Matthews Band - or as we call them thing one and thing two spend almost the entire weekend with us. Not a problem as he has become one of my other adopted sons. You know I don't mind if David's buds hang out here - I know where he is and what he is getting into!
Anyway we ran alot of errands Saturday and that night was a big tri stake dance for the youth! The plan was to drive the kids to the stake center and then three of us moms would sneak out to have a girls night out! We found out there were no chaperons from our ward so the three of us ran out to Ruby Tuesdays - GREAT salad bar and then came back to hang out. Needless to say I was tired when I finally got home and into bed.
Sunday I woke up and just about had a heart attack. The middle post of my ring - the diamond that my romeo bought in Holland was totally missing! I tried to piece out in my mind where I had been the previous day to try to track the diamond down. My sweet sensible husband simply said- Stop say a prayer and Heavenly Father will lead you to it!
So I did just that. No sooner had I ended my prayer I felt a impulse to check the pocket of the pants that I had worn Saturday. There in the front pocket was my diamond.
So... Yes the Lord does hear and answer our prayers - some quicker than others. Our ward split Sunday and We both wiped our brows as we "dodged a bullet" It is even harder as we are good friends with the Bishop's family. I know in my heart that the Lord puts us in positions to help us grow and benefit others so Where we will be called we will serve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment