Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday - Cyber Monday



I was attempting to post a picture of the day after Thanksgiving for those of you readers who have not been privileged or had the gumption? to venture out in the early hours of the day after Thanksgiving to brave the cowds. Hmm is that a run on or just a big mouthful?


Anyway, I remember one year Sis came down to the land of the south and we went out to stand in line at the Walmart. It was cold, BUT we did stay on our focus and as soon as the doors opened we were to the electronics and two big tv boxes were secured and we went to stand in line. We had to sit the two young boys on top of the boxes as folks were attempting to take the boxes from us!


The boxes were so big we could not get them in the Expedition beast so we had to take the TVs out of the box!. Our TV lasted for a few years but one day it did not want to speak to us any longer.!


I did not get out at the crack of dawn but we braved the outlet mall on the way home from the coast a lovely Thanksgiving feast w/Bill's older sister and then later I did go and get in on the Joanne's sale. Hey fleece for $2.99 yard - great for Christmas gifts! And flannel for $1.49 - I had a great time and grateful to have most of my shopping over with - now to become joined at the pedal with my sewing machine!


Look forward to seeing the finished products! Cant show material because it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?


Time to run and cook some ribs on the grill - WHAT it is November!


Juliet




No comments: