Saturday, June 14, 2008

David Graduates 8th Grade!


This past week- David graduated from 8th grade. This graduation no cap and gown or tassel like in 5th grade. The one teacher who made the comment a few years ago when asked why we were going all out for graduation, his daughter also graduated with David. His comment was - that he thought that for some of the kids- the 5th grade graduation was the only graduation they would ever see.

I am proud to say that ALL of the kids that graduated from Brookes 5th grade and went to Mendenhall - ALL graduated 8th grade this past week.

Coincidentally - The teacher, John Phillips was sitting three rows ahead of me - Gee should I have gone up to say, " See John all these kids graduated no problems!" I did not!


Don't you just love his "smile? ( David) He did wear a tie for graduation - but the heat was unbearable!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

diana umina said...

CONGRATULATTULATIONS, DAVID.....the best of times are yet to come! Welcome this fall into my world...the world of 9th grade! Need any help of advice... ia am here!
Auntie Di